BSc Environmental Engineering
The Bachelor of Science – Environmental Engineering (BSENVE) program at Portland State University provides training for engineers to preserve the natural environment – an especially important part of our culture in Portland and in the state of Oregon. Oregon prides itself on its environmental commitments and efforts toward living sustainably.
|Full-time Duration:||4 years|
|Starting in:||January, March, June, September|
|Tuition Fee:||$29,837 per year|
|Location:||Portland Campus (Portland, United States)|
Program outcomes are goals that describe our expectations as Environmental Engineering students graduate. Graduates of the Environmental Engineering program will have the skills and abilities to prepare them to begin professional practice or to succeed in graduate studies.
Portland State University Graduates will have:
- An ability to apply principles of mathematics, science, and engineering to the analysis and design of environmental engineering projects.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- An ability to participate in projects that cross disciplines and to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
An understanding of the professional and ethical responsibility of engineers in a broad societal context.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in continuing professional development and life-long learning.
- A knowledge of relevant contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the modern techniques, skills, and engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An awareness of the need for professional registration in career development.