Postgraduate Certificate Service – Learning and Community – Based Learning in Postsecondary Education
A graduate certificate in Service Learning and Community Based Learning from Portland State University will help you gain high impact strategies for how to teach, coordinate, lead, research, and assess service-learning for educational improvement and community enhancement.
|Part-time Duration||2 years|
|Starting in:||January, April, September|
|Tuition Fee:||$732 per credit|
Students, faculty, administrators, and community partners from around the world connect with PSU each year to learn programmatic, teaching, learning, and engaged scholarship techniques of service-learning.
The Service Learning and Community Based Learning program from Portland State University is for:
- College staff and administrators who coordinate and direct various forms of civic engagement
- K-12 teachers, faculty, and instructors interested in connecting academic content with experiential and community-based learning and service activities
- Other professionals interested in connecting non-profit agencies, NGOs, and social service organizations with colleges and schools.
What can you do
- College Staff and Administrators who (or who want to) coordinate and direct various forms of civic engagement including volunteerism, community service, service-learning and community-based learning.
- Faculty/Instructors at colleges and Teachers in K12 schools interested in connecting academic content with experiential and community-based learning and service activities including how to conduct community-based research, assessment of outcomes, and the scholarship of engagement.
- Community Professionals interested in connecting non-profit agencies, NGOs, and social service organizations with colleges and schools in order to support student learning and community enhancement.