MSc Political Science
The Portland State University Department of Political Science is proud to offer an exciting and NEWLY revised graduate degree. Our Master’s Degree program in Political Science (M.S.) is designed to help you discover your future as a political science professor.
|Full-time Duration:||1 year|
|Tuition Fee:||$683 per credit|
|Location:||Portland Campus (Portland, United States)|
From day one of our program, we will teach you the skills you will need to be admitted and succeed in a top-ranked PhD program at Portland State University, such as:
- Reading academic literature quickly and with high comprehension
- Developing original theories and testable hypotheses
- Research skills with both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Creating professional presentations of your research findings, with an understanding of the implications of your research for government and society.
- Develop an expertise in any of the four major subfields of political science: American Politics, Comparative Politics, International Relations, and Political Theory
Why study Political Science at PSU?
We have a welcoming environment for you to experiment with academia to decide if a career as a political science professor is your dream jobNo other university is currently offering what we’re offering!We are the ONLY Master’s degree in political science in the United States offering a graduate program explicitly designed for students to be in the practice of being a faculty member.
You will learn the realities of teaching political science, receive instruction in the most advanced theories and methods of the discipline today, and then get one-on-one guidance for submitting successful applications to top-ranked PhD programs.