MSc Mathematics for Teachers
The Masters of Science in Mathematics for Teachers at Portland State University is designed for people interested in strengthening their understanding of mathematics to enrich the teaching of mathematics. The program prepares teachers in subjects such as geometry, algebra, analysis/calculus, probability, statistics, discrete mathematics, and the use of calculators and computers.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years|
|Tuition Fee:||$671 per credit|
|Location:||Portland Campus (Portland, United States)|
Mathematics for Teachers Mission
- We serve and sustain a vibrant urban region through our creativity, collective knowledge and expertise.
- We are dedicated to collaborative learning, innovative research, sustainability and community engagement.
- We educate a diverse community of lifelong learners.
- Our research and teaching have global impact.
- We promote access, inclusion and equity as pillars of excellence.
- We commit to curiosity, collaboration, stewardship and sustainability.
- We strive for excellence and innovation that solves problems.
- We believe everyone should be treated with integrity and respect.
- An anchor institution, providing the Portland region with a highly educated population, substantial economic impact, and distinctive contributions to its culture.
- Contributing unique scholarship and research that support quality of life through problem solving.
- Delivering on our access mission, contributing to a highly educated and diverse community.
Portland State University pursues excellence through: Accessibility; innovation; collaboration; engagement; sustainability; transformation.
- Introduction to Real Analysis
- Theory of Ordinary Differential Equations
- Elementary Differential Geometry & Tensor Analysis
- Partial Differential Equations
- Topics in Mathematical Modelling
- Topics in Geometry
- Set Theory and Topology
- Introduction to Abstract Algebra
- Advanced Linear/ Multilinear Algebra
- Topics in Advanced Number Theory
- Numerical Calculus