Master in Real Estate Development
Offered jointly through Portland State University nationally-ranked School of Business and renowned College of Urban & Public Affairs, our Master of Real Estate Development offers practical, interdisciplinary, outcome-oriented expertise in commercial real estate.
|Duration:||1 year (Full-time)
2 years (Part-time)
|Starting in:||April, September|
|Tuition Fee:||$43,450 per full|
|Location:||Portland Campus (Portland, United States)|
Real Estate Development: Why Portland State University?
- Practical, industry-aligned curriculum. With input from industry leaders, our curriculum reflects the most current tools and techniques in commercial real estate. You’ll acquire relevant, high-impact expertise in real estate finance, law, market analysis, economics, design and more.
- Emphasis on innovation. Portland State helped pioneer a model of sustainable urban development that cities across the world have sought to emulate. You’ll learn to practice real estate development in a sustainable, inclusive and community-oriented manner, learning and connecting with many of the nation’s leading, innovative development firms.
- Hands-on experience. Our Master of Real Estate Development gets you out of the classroom and into the community. You’ll tour Portland’s latest urban developments, examine practical real estate challenges and interact with professionals in every corner of the industry. The program culminates in a capstone development project in partnership with the NAIOP organization. You’ll showcase your creativity in commercial real estate by creating and presenting solutions to property owners, developers and investors.
- Exceptional faculty. You’ll learn from national experts who’ve worked all over the world in real estate development, consulting, urban planning, placemaking, and related fields. Our instructors teach from first-hand experience, offering mentorship and career guidance as well as academic expertise.
- Professional connections and acceleration. PSU’s Center for Real Estate — a partnership between The School of Business and College of Urban & Public Affairs to manage real estate programs at PSU — offers you extraordinary opportunities to connect with Portland’s leading real estate professionals for hands-on learning, mentorship, and networking. In addition, the real estate master’s degree fast tracks you to qualify for certification in environmental design (LEED), commercial investment (CCIM), property management (CPM) or transaction analysis (Argus). All of the degree’s real estate courses can also be applied toward continuing education credits for Oregon and Washington brokers.
What Can I Do With a Real Estate Development master’s degree?
The Master of Real Estate Development gives students a solid foundation in real estate education to advance their careers. Students come from a diverse range of backgrounds and aspire to an equally wide array of professional outcomes, including:
- Real estate investment and ownership
- Urban planning and design
- Affordable housing
- Property Management
- Project management